Lavender Hill Clothing Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your confidentiality and privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act  (the Act), the data controller is Lavender Hill Clothing Limited whose registered office is at 5-6 George Street, St. Albans, England, AL3 4ER registered in England and Wales under company number 08745470. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Ms I. F. Ridley.
The General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“the Regulations”) sets down regulations governing the processing of personal data and protecting natural persons.
Our purpose in processing your personal data is in the supply and marketing of our products and related services and lawful basis for processing your personal data is that (a) you have consented to such processing, and/or (b) such processing is necessary to perform an order from you for our products and services and /or (c) it is in our and your legitimate interests.
(A) Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by e-mail, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you place an order on our Website or register to receive marketing material and when you raise any issue to us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and other information.
Information we collect about you.With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
- Information we receive from other sources. We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
(B) Third-Party Services: In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
(C) E-Commerce platform and data security: Our store is hosted on online e-commerce platform provider, Shopify Inc. This platform allows us to sell our products and services to you. When you place an order with us you enter your name, your address, your telephone number, email address, order details and any information you supply in the other information box and if you sign up to open an account with us you will be asked to provide a password; when you register with us to receive marketing information you enter your name, email address and password. The data you supply to us is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Your data is stored on a secure server behind a firewall.
(D) PCI DSS Compliance: We comply in all respects with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). The PCI DSS include requirements for security management, policies, procedures, network architecture, software design and other critical protective measures intended to proactively protect customer account data. These standards were developed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which was founded by the major card operators (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and the like) to facilitate adoption of consistent data security measures on a global basis.
(E) Payment Gateway: All payments for orders placed with us are processed through our payment gateway provider Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd or through Paypal. We never come into contact with your card details. All your card details are captured securely by Stripe Payments Europe Ltd or Paypal.
(G) Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
(1) Information you give to us: We will use this information:
- to supply you with the products, services and information that you order or request from us and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to send and provide you with newsletters, brochures, marketing material and information about our products and services;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
(2) Information we collect about you: We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
(H) Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (for example our payment gateway Stripe Payments Ltd, logistic providers such as the Royal Mail, our website provider Shopify or our email provider Mailchimp)
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site (i.e. Google Analytics or our customer support software Zendesk).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lavender Hill Clothing Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
(I) Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
(J) Your rights
Under the Act and/or the Regulations you have individual rights including the rights to be informed, of access, to rectification, to erasure, to restrict processing and otherwise. You can obtain detailed information on your rights from the Information Commissioner’s Office website at ico.org.uk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data at any time. If you wish to do so please contact us. Our contact details are set out in paragraph (O) below.
If you wish to unsubscribe from our emails or other marketing material, please click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our emails or contact us at email@example.com and we will delete your profile from our database.
If you wish to be informed of the personal data we hold on you, to rectify any personal data or request erasure (or other action on our part) please contact us. Our contact details are set out in paragraph (O) below.
(K) Links to third parties
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
(L) Retention of Information
We will only retain your information for so long as you remain an active or potentially active customer of ours (by ordering from us, receiving our emails and marketing materials or accessing our Website) and for up to a maximum six years afterwards or otherwise as required for our proper business purposes or applicable laws; we may need to retain certain information to enforce our terms, fraud prevention, resolve legal claims. Your personal information will be deleted or destroyed in a manner that cannot be restored or reproduced .
Our contract details are:
Address: Lavender Hill Clothing Limited, 71 Townmead Road, London, SW6 2ST.
Telephone: 0203 488 0006