Lavender Hill Clothing Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your confidentiality and privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Loxford Holdings limited trading as Lavender Hill Clothing whose registered office and business address is at 5A Bear Lane Southwark London, SE1 OUH registered in England and Wales under company number 08745470. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Ms I. F. Ridley.
(A) Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by e-mail, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you place an order on our Website or register to receive marketing material and when you raise any issue to us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and other information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- We many occasionally swap our mailing list with other companies whose products we think will be of interest. We will send a single catalogue to their customers and in return they can send a single catalogue to our customers. Your details will not be added to their mailing list unless you request it. However, if you do not wish to share your details, please send us an email at email@example.com with your full name and address and we will make sure your details are not made available in this way.
(B) Third-Party Services: In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
(C) E-Commerce platform and data security: Our store is hosted on online e-commerce platform provider, Shopify Inc. This platform allows us to sell our products and services to you. When you place an order with us you enter your name, your address, your telephone number, email address, order details and any information you supply in the other information box and if you sign up to open an account with us you will be asked to provide a password; when you register with us to receive marketing information you enter your name, email address and password. The data you supply to us is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Your data is stored on a secure server behind a firewall.
(D) PCI DSS Compliance: We comply in all respects with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). The PCI DSS include requirements for security management, policies, procedures, network architecture, software design and other critical protective measures intended to proactively protect customer account data. These standards were developed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which was founded by the major card operators (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and the like) to facilitate adoption of consistent data security measures on a global basis.
(E) Payment Gateway: All payments for orders placed with us are processed through our payment gateway provider Shopify Payments. We never come into contact with your card details. All your card details are captured by Shopify payments and encrypted at the point of authorisation.
(G) Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
(1) Information you give to us: We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our products and service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
(2) Information we collect about you: We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
(H) Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (for example payment gateway and logistic providers)
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lavender Hill Clothing Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
(I) Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
(J) Your rights
We will obtain your consent before collecting your data for marketing purposes. You have the right to ask us not to process your data for such purposes at any time. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking the unsubscribe box on the Website.You can also exercise the right at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting Customer Services at our business address 71 Townsmead Road, London, SW6 2ST.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
(K) Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.